Twebst Web Automation Library can make things easier.
It gives full programmatic control over the Internet Explorer browser. Twebst is a library of COM object that can be used within any environment that supports COM, from scripting languages (JScript, VB Script) to high level programming languages (C#, C++). For more information, see Twebst Libray Online Documentation. And yes, it's free!
What Twebst can do?
- increase productivity by automating repetitive web tasks
- automate regression testing of web applications
- automate web actions and data-entry
- automatically log in to different web sites
- fill out web-forms automatically
- extract data from web pages (web scraping).
- monitor web pages
- Start new browsers and navigate to a specified URL.
- Connect to existing browsers.
- Search and access HTML elements and frames inside browsers.
- Intuitive names for HTML elements using the text that appears on the screen.
- Advanced search of browsers and HTML elements using regular expressions.
- Perform actions on all HTML controls (button, combo-box, list-box, edit-box etc).
- Simulates user behavior generating hardware or browser events.
- Get access to native interfaces exposed by Internet Explorer so you don't need to learn new things if you already know IE web programming.
- Synchronize web actions and navigation by waiting the page to complete in a specified timeout.
- Available from any programming or script language that supports COM
- Optimized search methods and collections.